Covid-19 cases rising in Brent
A message from Dr John Licorish, Public Health Consultant
Confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Brent and some other parts of London are rising again.
In the week ending Sunday 6 September 2020, there were 40 confirmed Coronavirus cases in Brent. People aged between 20 – 50 years old are the most affected group.
Brent’s rate is below the figure where a local lockdown would be considered, but we are concerned and we do all need to take action now to protect our family, friends and neighbours.
Of-course, we all want to go about our daily lives and return to some sort of normality but as we leave our homes more the risks increase.
Put bluntly, coronavirus has not gone away and it is still killing people.
Therefore, we all need to take extra care as how we behave is currently the only way to limit the spread of the virus.
You are most at risk when in busy crowds, confined spaces or close contact with others.
You are safest when you follow this advice:
- Wash hands, or use hand sanitiser, regularly and for at least 20 seconds
- Cover face, when using public transport or in busy spaces like high streets or shops where it may be more difficult to keep your distance
- Make space, try to stay 2 metres away from people you don’t live with – including in pubs and restaurants.
The above article is courtesy of Brent Council
Have you or a loved one been in hospital since March ? What was it like when you left? Can you tell Healthwatch Brent what it was like when you left hospital ? They want to find out if you got the right help, information, medicines or support. Your answers are confidential and will help improve services for other people.
Giving feedback, both good and bad, can help the NHS and social care services prepare for future busy periods and challenges.
What does Healthwatch Brent do?
- Get more people in Brent to talk about what they want from Health & Social Care Services
- Tell the people who make the decisions what you think
- Get more people involved in planning and checking on services
- Get you information to help you chose services
- Help you complain if you are unhappy with something
Healthwatch Brent does all this independently, with you and for you
Freephone: 0800 996 1839
(Mon. 10am – 1pm. Weds. 2pm – 5pm)