- 35 hour per week.
- Salary £21000 pa until successful probation completed, then £21630
- Permanent contract
4-6 Care Navigators are needed to enhance our successful Brent Care Navigation Team. You will be employed by Brent Mencap and work with Brent GP practices and Complex Patient Management groups.You will be based in GP practices around Brent. You will travel around Brent to support Patients who have a long term condition(s) referred to the Care Navigation Service by Brent GPs or patients referred with non clinical needs who seek advice and support from GP practices. As a care navigator you will:
- Work alongside GPs, social care and other organisations to support patients with long term health conditions.
- Advise and direct vulnerable patients to relevant support and services, for example if they have dementia you will find and refer to local dementia support groups, for those who need a healthier lifestyle you will refer to healthy eating classes and exercise group etc.
- Introduce self-care and self-management to patients.
- Signpost and refer to the right services and follow up patients ensuring the process is progressing
- Liaise with other service providers and professionals as necessary.
- Develop personalised and manageable plans and goals with patients.
- Use the Patient Activation Measure (PAM) questionnaire to assess patients and improve their PAM level (skills, confidence and knowledge) so they can better manage their health.
- Reduce social isolation and help patients access community services.
For more information about the role of the Brent Care Navigators please go to this link:https://vimeo.com/dfptv/review/224471780/551ad0de89
Closing Date for applications: 12 Midday Thursday 28th February 2019.
Interviews to be held on: 5th or 7th March 2019 at Willesden.
Please note if you are shortlisted to attend an interview you will be expected to do an IT practical test and a 5-10 min presentation as part of the interview process. Full details will be given.
As part of our Safer Recruiting Process we do not accept CVs.
If you have read the Job Description but have further questions please contact Mehrnoush Bakhashz:
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 07960020355
as well as learning new skills and receiving work experiences. Previous volunteers have recently moved into employment,
so the project provides a great opportunity for those looking to get into work. Find out more.
2 to 3 hours per month to assist in a well renowned charity in North West London. Some carpentry, plumbing and electrical experience required. Some ladder climbing will be involved. If you have the skills and would like to donate some of your spare time as well as knowledge please give us a call on 0208 451 5278 or use our contact us form or email email@example.com