Social Prescribing Link Workers (SPLWs)
Looking to pursue a career around health and care? Recently graduated in health or social care related studies or looking to find a rewarding job where you can make a difference in others lives? If any of these applies to you this might be what you are looking for.
Permanent contract – Full time 37.5 hours per week, Part time may be possible. Salary £21000 pa until successful probation completed, then £21630
2 Social Prescribing Link Workers (SPLWs) are needed to enhance our successful team.
You will be employed by Brent Mencap and work with Brent GP practices to support patients by providing advice and helping them access different support services in Brent.
The SPLWs will work in a Primary Care Network. They will be based in GP practices supporting patients referred with non clinical needs. Social prescribing is a way of referring patients to different support services in the community, in order to improve their health and wellbeing. This is a new role in Brent but has been successfully working in other areas across the country. It is a part of the NHS Long-Term Plan’s. For more information about Social Prescribing check this link: https://www.england.nhs.uk/personalisedcare/social-prescribing/
As a SPLW you will:
- Support patients in a person centred way.
- Work alongside GPs and other health professionals to support patients who attend the GP practice for non medical needs.
- Provide Information and advice to patients and direct them to the right services.
- Provide personalised support to individuals, their families and carers.
- Assisting patients to engage with community based services, groups and activities.
- Supporting patients to take control of their well-being, live independently and improve their health outcomes.
- Supporting patients to develop personalised and manageable goals and aid decision making for them.
- Developing trusting relationships by giving patients time to focus on what matters to them.
- Introduce self-care and self-management to patients.
- Use the Patient Activation Measure (PAM) questionnaire to assess patients and improve their PAM level (confidence, skills and knowledge) so they can better manage their health.
- Reduce social isolation and help patients access community services.
Closing Date for applications: 12 Midday Thursday 3rd October 2019.
Interviews to be held on: 9th October 2019 at Brent Mencap office in Willesden.
As part of our Safer Recruiting Process we do not accept CVs only. The application form must be completed.
We are recruiting local people to help develop community palliative care services.
Join our public working group or attend one of our workshops.
Workshop 1 – Access’, 30 September 6-8pm,
Wembley Centre for Health & Care
Workshop 2 – ‘Care’ 7 October 9-12pm,
St Paul’s Church, Hammersmith
Workshop 3 – ‘Aftercare & bereavement support’ 24 October 3-6pm,
Museum of Brands, Ladbroke Grove
More information and sign up at: centrallondonccg.nhs.uk
CVS Brent are looking for volunteers to take part in their Social Isolation in Brent initiative. Volunteers will help the most isolated in Brent,
as well as learning new skills and receiving work experiences. Previous volunteers have recently moved into employment,
so the project provides a great opportunity for those looking to get into work. Find out more.
Volunteer Handyman required
2 to 3 hours per month to assist in a well renowned charity in North West London. Some carpentry, plumbing and electrical experience required. Some ladder climbing will be involved. If you have the skills and would like to donate some of your spare time as well as knowledge please give us a call on 0208 451 5278 or use our contact us form or email email@example.com